Some of these morsels of data have been around for as long as anyone can recall, but stopping to question them is rarely high on anyone’s agenda.
1. Slaves Built The Pyramids
2. Toilet Waste Is Routinely Jettisoned From Aircraft
3. Cholesterol In Eggs Is Bad For The Heart
4. Chameleons Change Colour To Blend In With Their Surroundings
5. Coffee Is Made From Beans
6. The Great Wall Of China Is The Only Man-Made Object Visible From Space
7. Sugar Makes Kids Go Bonkers
8. People Thought The World Was Flat Before Christopher Columbus
9. Mars Is Red
10. There Are 50 States In The U.S.A
11. Body Heat Dissipates Mainly Through The Head
12. You need to wait an hour after eating before you can swim safely.
13. Bats are blind.
14. Humans only use 10% of their brains.
15. Penguins mate for life.
16. Mount Everest is the tallest mountain in the world.
17. It takes seven years to digest swallowed gum.
18. Vitamin C is a useful weapon for battling the common cold.
(via What Culture)